Heading into NBA All-Star 2019, MTN DEW® is welcoming NBA fans to the celebration in Charlotte, NC with the return of MTN DEW ICE™ Courtside Studios – fans’ ultimate access point for all things hoops, music, and style. Expanding its relationship with the NBA, MTN DEW® will be the new title partner of the MTN DEW® 3-Point Contest and will retain its title sponsorship of the MTN DEW ICE™ Rising Stars game.
“DEW® is kicking it up a notch this year at NBA All-Star,” said Erin Chin, senior director, marketing, MTN DEW
This NBA All-Star 2019 Charlotte, fans can expect: MTN DEW ICE™ Courtside Studios MTN DEW ICE™ will provide ultimate hoops access with MTN DEW ICE™ Courtside Studios, a one-of-a-kind pop-up experience that will bring together some of the biggest NBA and WNBA superstars to showcase their on- and off-court lifestyle. Located in the NBA Epicentre in Uptown Charlotte, Courtside Studios will feature three days of appearances and fan experiences, including:
- Migos, just off their track “Position to Win,” featured in the new MTN DEW® commercial, will bring their passion and energy for music and basketball to Courtside Studios for a performance – and a few surprises along the way.
- MTN DEW ICE™ Studios – A live stage show will bring fans Closer than Courtside hosted by iHeartRadio “The Breakfast Club” host Charlamagne Tha God and sports and lifestyle influencer Filayyyy:
- Things get personal with Russell Westbrook and someone who knows him better than anyone else
- Past and present 76ers Joel Embiid and Allen Iverson on the stage together for the first time
- Marvin Bagley III on the aux cord
- But it won’t stop there as A’ja Wilson, Jaren Jackson Jr., Dennis Smith Jr., and more will take to the stage for other games, interviews, and surprises.
- Music – Courtside Studios will feature sets from DJ Steph Floss and Jam Master J’s Son, TJ Mizell, spinning fan favorites throughout the weekend.
- Gear and Game – Fans can unlock fresh prizes including tickets and gear from a limited-run capsule collection, “With All Due Respect,” by MTN DEW® and Rhuigi Villaseñor, the founder of designer fashion brand RHUDE, by testing their hoops skills on the MTN DEW ICE™ Court.
- MTN DEW ICE™ Limited-Edition Cans – Fans can score limited-edition MTN DEW ICE™and MTN DEW ICE™ Cherry mini cans specially designed for NBA All-Star 2019 and featuring our all-star DEW® roster members: Westbrook, Embiid, Bagley III, and Wilson.
MTN DEW ICE Rising Stars
MTN DEW ICE™ will keep DEW® Nation charged and refreshed as the official title partner of the MTN DEW ICE™ Rising Stars game on Friday, Feb. 15. MTN DEW ICE™ Rising Stars will once again continue beyond All-Star weekend with a content series that will give fans a look into the off-the-court lives of the next generation of basketball stars including Marvin Bagley III, Jaren Jackson Jr., Josh Hart, Collin Sexton, and A’ja Wilson. Episodes of the MTN DEW ICE™ Rising Stars content series will air later this year on Turner Networks.
MTN DEW 3-Point Contest
MTN DEW®, continually championing the power of doing, will keep up the energy and excitement of the weekend, as the first-time title partner of the 33rd 3-Point Contest, part of State Farm® All-Star Saturday Night. Players including the defending champion, other previous champions, and four of the current top five in three-point field goal percentage will compete in the two-round, timed competition to see who can score the most points shooting from behind the three-point arc.
“The 3-point shot has arguably become the most game-changing element of the game”Justin Toman, senior director, sports marketing, PepsiCo.
“As the new title partner, MTN DEW® is poised to tap into the passion for this event. We look forward to building this event into a season-long platform and elevating the MTN DEW® 3-Point Contest in new and exciting ways.” Justin Toman, senior director, sports marketing, PepsiCo.
MTN DEW ICE™x Ruffles Court at Bleacher Report All Star Event
MTN DEW ICE™and Ruffles are teaming up at the Bleacher Report All Star Event at Music Factory on a co-branded basketball court that will engage fans and host events throughout the weekend. On Sunday Feb. 17, fans will get the chance to watch a 5×5 celebrity basketball game, MTN DEW® x Ruffles Ballers Ball, featuring NBA legends, hip hop artists, and off-the-court influencers.